The White Sox went into last week needing a sweep of the Cleveland Guardians to win the season series and keep their playoff hopes realistic. They were swept, and then lost two more against the Tigers. Any playoff hopes are basically gone now. This is the team I like.
This episode, we’re talking about Yuki Urushibara’s When a Cat Faces West published by Kodansha as our older series. And Yuu Tanaka (story), Tomowo Maruyama (art), and Llo’s (character design) Reincarnated as a Sword.
When a Cat Faces West credits:
- Translation: Mari Au/ amimaru
- Lettering: Monika Hegedusova/ amimaru
Reincarnated as a Sword credits:
- Translation: Mike Rachmat
- Adaptation: Peter Adrian Behravesh
- Lettering: Rai Enril
- Cover design: KC Fabellon
- Proofreader: Kurestin Armada, Danielle King
- Editor: J.P. Sillivan
- Production manager: Lissa Pattillo
- Managing editor: Julie Davis
- Editor-in-chief: Adam Arnold
- Publisher: Jason DeAngelis
The songs you heard in this episode are Rinne (Reincarnation) and Kusa Wo Fumu Oto (The Sound Of Stepping On Grass) by Masuda Toshio from the Mushi-Shi anime.
As always, you can find me on Twitter @taiikumenco, and my co-hosts Helen (@WanderinDreamr) and Apryll (@manjiorin) on Twitter at those places in the parenthesis. You can find both of their writing at The Organization of Anti-Social Geniuses, more of Helen’s writing at Narrative Investigations, and my writing at the Fandom Post and Awko Tako.
1:21 – We talk about When a Cat Faces West
14:23 – We talk about Reincarnated as a Sword
Next time is Muscle Girl Next Door and My Master Has No Tail